Sunday, May 18, 2008

Stuck

Mother's Day we spent the day with G-Mom and G-Dad (Chris's side) and the cousins. Avery likes to see the cousins because they keep her pretty entertained. Avery and I matched in our pink shirts and white pants (I normally don't do that). We spent the day outside. Avery tried to use the hammock that G-Mom got as a slide and trampolene. Anything that slopes downward becomes Avery's very own slide. We had a good mother's day.
Monday Avery and I tried to go to the zoo. That didn't work out so well. There were people everywhere. Avery was not able to really see because of all the people there so we left and went to Faulkner Park. They have a sprayground (it is basically like a big sprinkler). Avery was at first very timid about getting in the water, but after a while she was running through it. If I had some towels or a change of clothes for me I would have gotten in with her. It really looked like fun. Avery is now trying to drink water out of water fountains, hoses, etc. so she was trying to drink the water in mid air. She is so cute she just opens her mouth wide and sticks her tongue out! I don't think she gets much, but she will figure it out. I showed her how to step on one of the holes where the water comes out to stop the water then take her foot off and the water will start spraying again. She enjoyed that.
Wednesday we went to Gym (Avery's gym as she calls it). She really enjoys it. Most of the time she just likes to be a "monkey" and swing from the bar. She is almost able to bring her feet to the bar while she is hanging.
Thursday we went to G-mom-dad (as Avery calls them, guess it is just faster than saying G-mom and G-dad, pretty smart though if you don't have to use the extra words why do it). We were walking out the door and I said Avery do you want to go see G-mom and G-dad. Avery looked at me and said "and Cameron" (her cousin) and ran to the door. We had lunch with her oldest cousin and Avery rhode in Camerons carseat. On the way to the school Avery kept saying "No Cameron Carseat. I want Avery carseat." Of course when we left to go to there house she didn't want to ride with me she said "No I want Cameron carseat". So she rhode in Cameron's carseat to the house. That reminds me for the past few weeks we will be in the car and she will get upset and start saying "I duck, I duck". We couldn't figure out what she was trying to say. Then Chris asked her one day when she was saying that if she was stuck. She nodded her head yes with those big sad eyes that just almost makes you want to take her out right then. That is what she was trying to tell us. She was STUCK! "Now we say I know your stuck, but for right now you have to be stuck. Mommy and Daddy are stuck in there seats, too."
I am feeling great with my pregnancy so far, except I have noticed that I am tired a lot more. So I am trying to take a nap when Avery does or when she has room time (since she doesn't always feel she needs a nap). We are so blessed with everything the Lord has given us. It is amazing the things He gives to us. It doens't mean that there won't be hard times, but man the good times, they are good.

No comments: