Thursday, August 14, 2008

Potty Training Diaries

So Avery is right under 2 1/2 and with a new baby on the way I have been anxiously waiting Avery to show signs of interest in potty training. A few months prior to this she was showing interest and I was extremly excited thinking that we were going to be out of diapers soon. She showed me. She went from sitting ont the potty, occasionally going, and telling me when she needed a diaper on. That all came to a scretching hault when one day she decided she was not going to sit on the potty any more. Nothing I did tempted her to get back on so I backed off it. Then she even stopped telling me when she needed to go. We went back to diapers. I think that we offered the diapers too much still so she decided it was easier to have the diapers on then worrying about when to go. A few months older now Avery still did not want to. Even when I would change her she would immediatly want the diaper on. 2 weeks ago I was sitting in her room and had just changed and just decided that we were going to completly take away diapers and just see what happens. She was not happy about it at first. Now she seems to be doing really well. We still have to work on going potty when we are outside our house. I am not holding my breath but I am hopeful that we may have a diaper break before then next baby gets here.

No comments: