Friday, September 25, 2009

Colorado

We left for Colorado on Wednesday, Chris and my mom left earlier and my dad and the girls and I flew to Amarillo where we met mom and Chris. The girls did great on the plane. we had to explian that this time we were only taking one airplane. My dad explained and pointed out a lot to Avery and she just soaked it all up. When we landed Avery laughed and gently yelled "weeeee, that was fun. I want to do it again." Then my dad asked if she could see Nonee, so Avery is darting her head back and forth between the two windows saying (enthusastically) "Nonee, Nonnee, where are you Nonee?" We got off the plane and we had to wait for a little while for mom and Chris. I put Peyton on her blanket but of course she didn't stay. I just let her crawl around the floor. Not exactly clean, but poor baby was going to be in the car seat for the rest of the night. We drove through the night and got there early Thursday morning. We hung out at the house. Friday mom, Avery, Peyton and I went for a hike. First we had a picnic where we were attacked by a chipmunk. Avery wanted to feed the chipmunk but we told her to wait until we were done eating. I had one leg on each side of the picninc table bench with Peyton between my legs feeding her baby food. I turned my head just a little and out of the corner of my eye I saw a chipmunk on the bench with me . I kindo of squealed and he ran off. I am not afraid of chipmunks it just took me by surprise. He did not leave us alone the rest of the time we ate. We went on our hike. At first Avery was not into it at all, but then when we started crossing little creeks and being trail blazers she got into it. We climbed and "Avery" sized boulder field, crawled over and under fallen down trees and enjoyed the beauty that was around, oh and Avery loved "playing" in the dirt. Both the girls did great!!!! Avery was having so much fun she was asking for us to take her picture and in the beginning of the hike she was very worried about getting dirty by the end she wanted to get dirty to show she was a real hiker! Peyton had the best seat! She got to enjoy the scenery without putting in the effort. I think she knew that too. She just grinned and laughed and kicked her legs the entire time! They did great! They will be little camping girls hopefully. Avery is asking us when we are going camping, like in a travel trailer or tent. Hopefully soon we will now that the wheather is starting to get cooler. Friday night we were sitting around the camp fire and I was cooking smores (no one else wanted any). Chris was holding Avery and she said "mommy don't eat all of them" very concerned. Chris said "yeah we don't want mommy to get fat" Avery sat there for just a second and innocently said "like you daddy"! HAHAHAHA! We all died laughing! Oh she is too funny! Saturday Mom, the girls and I took a drive. Oh it was absolutley beautiful!!! The aspens were beginning to change color, there was a gentle breeze in the air, oh it was perfect! We went in to Pegosa had lunch, shopped and then went to the hot springs. Peyton loved it! Avery loved water when she was a baby but not like Peyton. Peyton's arms and legs go 90 to nothin everytime she is in the water or thinks she is getting in the water. When I take her into the bathroom and turn the bathtub water on I can't move fast enough for her. I sit her in my lap while I take her clothes off and let the water warm up. She does everything she can to slide herself into the bathtub. The other day I started the water then had to get something from her room. Oh she was mad!!! She did not like me taking her away from the bathtub. She is very cute. Avery enjoyed it too, but she said they were too hot. The one we were in most the time was 92 degrees! She is her father's child when it comes to that. The colder it is the more Avery likes it! We watched the longhorns play and Avery and I played go fish. She is starting to get the hang of it. She likes playing games. Peyton of course was crawling everywhere and pulling up on everything. Sunday Chris and I took a ride in the mountains just the two of us. It was very nice. So beautiful on top of the mountain looking down at the lake and trees with the clouds rolling in. After our joy ride we took Avery fishing. She enjoyed it (of course she does not actually have a hook on it, its a big plastic butterfly, but she still has fun). At one point she said "I got one" then a couple of seconds later a very disappointed "no I didn't get anything". She was precious. She hasn't quite got how to keep her finger down and then relesase as she is casting, but she will get there. Monday we drove back to Amarillo and mom, the girls and I flew back to Dallas. We got to Tyler at about 11pm and Chris got in at about 1:30. We had so much fun but were glad to be back to our bed mostly! Oh yeah the infamous bus ride. When we went to the airport to got to Amarillo with my dad the shuttle man was extremely rude. I was trying to find Peyton's pacifier and dad and the girls were already on the bus. He was in a hurry (even though there was no one else on the bus) apparently I was taking to long and her drove off without me!!! Not only that but Avery was standing up when he took off. She grabbed ahold of my dad. It really scared her, not that I blame her. The whole trip she talked about it and how mean the man was and she didn't like buses and she didn't want to ride another bus. When we rhode the bus on the way back the man was nice, Avery said so. It was scary for her, but it was a good learning experience about why we should always be nice and be nice to people whow aren't nice like God tells us to do. The closer I get to God the more I see teaching opportunities when I would have probably wouldn't have before. Although I wish Avery didn't have to go through it I hope that she learned that God wants us to be nice all the time and to everyone!n More pics below and more to come. My mom has most of the ones of the girls.












































No comments: