Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Oklahoma

My grandparents (my dad's parent's) celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on Thursday June 26 (that is also mine and Chris's 4th anniversary). So we went up the weekend before and celebrated with them. It was a long drive (about 6 hours), but Avery did really well. We watched Mickey mostly but played too. Chris, my dad, Avery and I all went together. It was cute when we were leaving Athens (we picked my dad up) we had already told Avery that Popee was going to ride with us, but when he got out to close the garage door Avery got very upset. She thought that he was leaving and not going with us. Then she later wanted my dad to draw pictures on one of those sketcher things (they use the magnetic pen and erase with the sliding knob). He gave her it back with a picture of "avery:. She drew on it and then said "looks better" and set it down like she was satisfied with the way it looked now. It was cute.
We finally got to the hotel at 11:30, but Avery was ready to use some energy and did not go to sleep until about 1:00 am. Saturday was the anniversary party so we ate breakfast and let Avery walk around the middle of the hotel (it has a small indoor Putt-Putt golf course). Avery loved walking on the green carpet. That is all she wanted to do. She would run to it and say "more green carpet". Then we went to the place where the party was going to be and helped a little. There was a stage there so of course Avery was preoccupied with that. Chris finally said no more so what does Avery do? Turns to her Aunt Mal and says "Aunt Mal stage" in a pittyful voice. Of course she gives in, but hey I will too when Addie starts calling me "Aunt Adie" heck I already give into her.
We had lunch and went back to the hotel. I took a nap real quick, of course Avery didn't. But then when we were getting dressed to leave Chris held her for 2 minutes and she was out. The child who never sleeps takes a nap all on her own today of all days. So we decided to leave Avery and daddy at the hotel with our car so they could come later.
Avery slept for about 2 1/2 hours, which is pretty long for her. The party was nice. It was nice getting to see the family. We don't get to see them much because we are all busy and scattered around.
After the party we went to the town park. They have a carousel there and a small train ride. Mal, Addie, Avery and I rhode the carousel. At first Avery did not want to ride the horse, but of course in the middle of it decides she wants to. So we go back and forth between the bench and horse. She enjoyed it though. Then my dad rhode with Avery and Mom rhode with Addie on the train. She enjoyed that too. Of course know when I tell her we are going to the park she will say "and ride horse". Then she played on the playground for a while.
Sunday my mom took Avery down to play golf for a few minutes (by the way she didn't go to sleep until 1am again!!). Then we went to see my Nana and Papa Bruce (my mom's mom) for a few minutes. They have a baby horse. I think Avery would have been more impressed if she was able to pet it. Of course she did tell daddy that she wanted to carry it home in the car and put in our backyard. Hey I am all for it. I love horses can't wait until the kids are older and I can get another one. My Gimpa and Granny (mom's dad) was out of town so we didn't get to see them. Then we got back in the car and drove home.

No comments: