Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

As with every other holiday we celebrated Easter for a week. The weekend before Easter we had Easter at my parents house since Chris was going to be working Easter weekend. We went to our church's Easter thing, which was fun. We got to see some guys to those trick slam dunks with the trampolene. Then they had an Easter Egg Free For All becasue the just put the eggs on the football field, they weren't hidden. Avery did very good getting the eggs. We then went to Athens. We dyed Easter Eggs, which Avery enjoyed, but I don't think she was too impressed with it. Oh and the girls (Avery and Addison) decided to go swimming. My parents have a pool that has a very large really shallow end. so they were playing in that area. We couldn't believe it. The water was really cold, but neither one seemed to mind. Eventually they got out so we took off their panties and diaper only to have them get back in. Then they were running around the pool starke naked. They were so cute. It is so funny how most kids like to be naked. I guess it's from how we were meant to be until Adam and Eve ate the apple.
Sunday we went to church, then to lunch then went home and eventually hide Easter Eggs and let Avery and Addie hunt them. There were a ton of Easter Eggs. This year was the first year that the children (my sisters and I ) didn't get anything. We didn't even get to hunt easter eggs. I gues we are completley grown up. Avery had fun going through her eggs.
The Saturday before Easter Sunday we went to G-mom and G-dads and hunted easter eggs at their church. Then went to their house and had lunch then dyed easter eggs and hunted them. They also had fun jumping on the trampolene.
Sunday the Easter bunny came for both the girls. Avery enjoyed opening her presents and she opened Peytons and showed her. Then we went to church and then out to lunch. I put Peyton in the nursery for the first time, but it didn't last long. I am glad she is getting bigger, but I am also sad. I think it is harder this time because I realize how fast they do grow up. With Avery I was sad, but I just didn't realize how fast they grow. Chris rolls his eyes at me. I am so blessed to have a wonderful loving caring husband and two beautiful healthy girls. I think about Easter and about how God sent His Son to die for us. It just amazes me that He has that much love, mercy, grace, forgiveness. No matter what we do He will always forgive us. He always loves us and He never turns away from us or abandons us. Though through hard times we sometimes feel that He has left us. I know that He is there and He will carry you through it if you just trust in Him and lean on Him.

No comments: