Monday, April 13, 2009

Roller Blades

So it has been a fairly busy month with Chris getting a new job, Avery hitting the terrible threes and Peyton being awake more and wanting to be held and have mommy talk to her.
After Avery's birthday I got some rollerblades so I could exercise a little without having to go to the gym, plus our dog Chloe needs to loose some weight too. Of course as soon as Avery saw them she wanted some. We got her some from the money she got for her birthday. She actually did very well. I was very impressed, I think she did better than daddy. We found that holding her hand made her do worse then letting her go by herself. We started out just skating in the garage and eventually venturing out to the street, which was a sight in itself. Chris pushed Peyton in the stroller (in his roller blades, oh yes he got some too) and me skating beside Avery. The whole family was on wheels! We decided not to take Chloe yet. Peyton loved it. She would just watch Avery and smile so big. She already loves to watch Avery, she smiled and laughed at Avery before she did at daddy. The other day Chris threw Avery up in the air and Peyton just laughed. Avery loves the fact that she can make Peyton smile or laugh. It is really sweet to see the two of them, but I already know I am going to have my hands full once Peyton is crawling. Peyton will want to do everything Avery does and Avery will either encourage her and get themselves into things or she will get tired of her and be screaming for me to get Peyton.
Peyton also started occasionally taking the bottle, just when I am gone. The first time she "took" the bottle daddy tried to give it to her. I stood and watched (I wanted to see her first bottle experience). Peyton looked up at daddy then at me and she had this expression on her face like "why is mommy over there, and daddy is here and what is in my mouth". She didn't take it too well. She has gotten better but she still resists a little but eventually decides something is better than nothing.

No comments: