Monday, April 13, 2009

Visiting Family

A couple of weekends ago we went Oklahoma to visit family and show off Peyton. Chris, my dad, both girls and me went in our car. I sat between the 2 car seats (how fun). The girls really did well. Avery played for a while then we turned movies on for her and Peyton slept most of the time. We only had to stop twice for her to eat and one of those we ate also. The other times she woke up I would read stories, which Avery would want to see too so I was going back and forth to show the pictures. Avery would say "I want to see" when I was showing Peyton and Peyton would start kind of crying when I was showing Avery. I guess they are both going to be readers, which is great.
We lefted Athens at 3pm and got to my Nana's at 10pm. Avery had feel asleep so we just put her straight to bed in the room where my dad was sleeping. We visited for a while and then went to sleep. Amazingly Peyton went to sleep also.
Saturday morning we went to my dad's parents and visited with them. Showed off Peyton and then went and saw other family. Basically the whole weekend was full of seeing family. Both my parents are from Oklahoma so we made the rounds while we were up there. It as really nice to see everyone.
The girls did great on the way back also. We stopped in Dallas to eat and we saw an airplane, Avery said "I ride an airplane to see Aunt Meana and the cats. Nonee is at Aunt Meana's" and she was. My mom had gone to help my sister get things ready for my new niece that is due in August. We passed Six Flags and Avery said she wanted to ride those. So my dad said he and my mom would take her. Now she keeps asking when she is going to ride them.
It was a really good trip.

No comments: