Wednesday, April 2, 2008

It's an ongoing battle

I am so frustrated!!! It is the beginning of spring and our grass is barely growing. Everyone else's grass looks like it is really starting to take off. That's not all. What is green in our yard is WEEDS!!! Our yard is being overrun with weeds, ecspecially Crabgrass. I can't stand it. I know people drive by and say to themselves, Oh my gosh I cannot believe those people are not taking care of their yard. I truly am trying to get the weeds gone, but everyone says that I have to wait until the yard overtakes them because anything I put on the grass to kill the crabgrass would kill the grass as well. I knw God is just teaching me patience and to be content (even with something I don't like), but sometimes it is hard. Sometimes (like today) I want to just go out and pull up all the grass completley.
So that was my spill for the day. Avery is currently asleep. She is feeling much better. Monday we watched Mickey a lot because she was sick. She still has the cough, but with the medicine she is much better. My sister Mallory and her daughter Addie came over. It is nice to see her and spend time with her. Avery saw a baby the other day and said "addie". Then today we were getting ready to leave to eat with Mal and I said Avery do you want to eat with Aunt Mal and Addie. She looked at me smiled and said "Addie". Once we got to the resturaunt Avery saw Addie and she started jumping up and down squealing "Addie, Addie".
Not too much else is going on right now, but I'll keep you updated.

No comments: