Sunday, April 27, 2008

Keeping up

It has been a little while since I updated what has been going on in our part of the world. Avery has decided she does not need naps period. We used to be able to transfer her from the carseat to the bed, but lately she wakes up within about 30 minutes and wants to play. We are working on having room time where she stays in her room for a certain amount of time to allow mommy time to get other things done. Avery is doing great. She is talking up a storm. The other day she wanted to watch Mickey and I told her that Mommy wanted to not have to clean the kitchen, but we don't always get what we want. A few minutes later she was sitting in her Mickey chair, looked at me and said "mommy clean kitchen, I watch Mickey" and gave me a big smile. I couldn't help but laugh. She is my delegator. She will be coloring and she will say "mommy color" and tell me what color to use. If we sit her down to eat and we are not eating she will say "mommy, daddy eat". Now when it is time to eat I tell Avery to get daddy. She runs through the house to chris and yells "daddy, daddy eat". The other day I was still cooking and Avery was impatiently waiting (she couldn't help because I was using the stove). She kept saying "eat time". Then she got in her booster chair and yelled "daddy eat time".
Avery loves to cook. Everytime I go into the kitchen or tell Avery I am about to cook she runs into the kitchen and says "Avery cook". She of course loves to eat the food as it is being made. The other day she was eating the sour cream off the spoon we had used!!! She just loves to do big girl things. She likes to go to the store with me and put things in the basket so I try to tell her what to get and then she gets them and puts them in the basket.
Now that it is getting warmer we have filled up a pool that Avery got for her birthday and let her play in it in the afternoon when it is warm. She loves it. When we first got in she looked around the pool and she said "Nonee, Popee pool big" (my parents have a big pool at their house so she was saying that their pool was bigger). I said Yes, but we can't have a pool that big. This is Avery's pool. So now she calls it Avery's pool. We put the slide she has in it. She loves to climb up it and slide down into the water. Then she got the bright idea to splash me. She thought that was pretty funny. She did the same thing with the water hose yesterday. She was literally chasing me with the water hose. She was having a blast.
Saturday we went to Avery's cousin's T-ball game. Of course she was not at all interested in the game, but had a ball with the sand with her other cousins. Then we went to The Little Gym. They had an open house so we went for a little while. When she hangs on the bars she calls it "monkey" so she will get to the bar and say "I monkey". She had fun running around playing. Then shey saw a picture of a baby and she said "baby" so I asked her if she was a baby. She said No, so I asked if she was a big girl and she shook her head yes. that is the first time she has actually said she was a big girl. It made me a little sad.
We are still trying to get her to say "I love you". She won't. I ask her if she loves Mommy, Daddy, etc. and she says "no". I am like one day you are going to tell me you love me!! She is so much fun right now. We are just having a blast with her. She definetly keeps our lives busy, but we would have it any other way.
Sorry this is long. It has been a while since I was on, but I will try to make a point to update more frequently. Chris and I are doing great. Not much else going on.

1 comment:

G-Mama said...

Boy, you were quick!!!LOL Love the posting and the pictures. The kids did have fun in the dirt Saturday, Timothy is still talking about his castle and Cameron keeps asking "where arey?" you know he can't say the "v" yet. We were really you all came to the game, Chloee was happy you were there and dissapointed you had left when she got up from her nap. As always we never get to visit enough
but we will see you soon!!! Give my Avery kisses from G-mama and G-daddy!!!!